Saturday, July 18, 2009

NOTE: I am still alive.

Also note: I don't know why, but this post is backwards. So if you start at the bottom, the pictures will go in consecutive order. Sorry. I'm a newbie.
I was 200 km away from St. Petersburg, and only a few away from the Russian border.
Unna, me, and Marita in front of the cathedral in Helsinki.

Kaisla and her beloved horse friend.


Unna and Litu, on our way home from the tiny marketplace nearby.



This is at the medieval festival in Turku. All of these random Finnish people came up and started taking pictures of the foreign girl....it was slightly awkward




My first taste of Piima.....it's like spoiled milk.
"very healthy!"


The beautiful Baltic Sea. This is where we went to sauna and had a Finnish Barbeque on our last evening together.




The market place in Turku! In the back is the Orthodox church.






Me, in the marketplace, with my mango meloni ice cream and markimekko shopping bag.



I'm sorry it's been so long, but things have been rather busy here on this side of the Atlantic. I am, however, still alive and breathing. Here are some pictures (finally, finally) to prove it.


4 comments:

  1. AHH i'm so jealous! It looks super gorgeous there. I'm particularly a fan of the medieval festival picture. very attractive. not that i'm one to talk since i got my senior pictures back and a few are..well let's just say they gave my family a good laugh =)
    miss you and love you!
    megan

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW Aima!!!!

    It is GREAT to see your smiling face. These pictures already show the great places, great people, and great stories you are collecting while being away. The marketplace photo with the ice cream and the marimekko bag is especially nostalgic. ( I can't wait to see what you bought there!!!)

    I also LOVE the one with you in front of the russian city street signs. such a great travel shot. and with those glasses, you could be on a tourism ad campain!

    I just watched kamome shokudou again with friends. it made me think of you. Keep learning about Finland and teaching about America and Japan. I would love to hear your stories about that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha Aima.. you look tan.. JUST KIDDING :)
    Finland looks like it would be alot of fun.. ;[

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello!

    I found this blog through Chris' Germany blog. If you visit Helsinki again it would be nice to meet you :) I added you in Facebook so you can contact me if you come here.

    Enjoy your summer in Finland!

    Anna, Chris' host sister in Helsinki

    ReplyDelete

Followers