Sunday, June 28, 2009

On the Island Where I live


This morning, Kaisla came prancing into my room: "we have a gift for youuuuuu!" It was that picture: they scanned it and kindly labelled it. I had told them that I was keeping a blog this summer, and they were excited to be able to help me show you where I am right now.
It is pretty, yes? Today, Kari pulled out the boat and we went chugging around the entire island. It's really hardly anything more than a rowboat with a motor attached to it, and Kaisla said that she hasn't been on it for about four years. But it was a perfect way to see all of the beautiful scenery.
We went swimming after dinner for a little while. My host mother, Marita, told me that in the wintertime, they cut a hole in the ice and go swimming sometimes. "It feels good when you get out of the water." hmmm.....
Apparently, it's very good for the blood circualtion and is really helpful for people with arthritis. Especially when paired with the sauna. Any takers?

1 comment:

Followers